So ya, the only thing the title of this post has in common with this post is that it's a Christmas song and this is my Christmas post. It's actually one of my favorite Christmas songs. It's done by Alabama. I love their whole Christmas album.
What a wonderful Christmas it was. Our holiday started with me driving our 4 girls along with Rocky to Koosharem. What an adventure that was. (Jim had to work and was flying to SLC on Christmas Eve). The girls actually did really well. We ended up stopping in Ely to stay the night. Word of advice....Don't try to go to a fast food restaurant for dinner in Ely. We tried three different places and were very frustrated with the service. We settled for going to the grocery store and finding some food. Lucky for us the motel room had a microwave. I was so worried about someone stealing our luggage carriers off the roof of my car though that I didn't get much sleep. We made it to Koosharem on the 21st.
It was so good to be home for a few days. It was cold and snowy and wonderful! Dad always had a fire going in the fireplace. Mom made yummy food and candy. The girls played with cousins and even got to see Santa at the elementary school program. Mom had some things planned for the girls. One was building a gingerbread house. Each girl did a side then disappeared leaving Mom and I to do the roof. Good thing Dad was around to help out!
Here is Mom showing the girls the Raggedy Ann doll she had made. She is making them each one. They all fell in love with her and are excited to have one.
Lexie enjoying part of her Christmas from Grandma and Grandpa Norman
----------------------------------
Lexie admiring the jewelery box Grandma Norman gave her. She played the music over and over. I had put it back in the box while Lexie was asleep. Lexie woke up to go the bathroom then went on a hunt for her jewelery box. When she found it she cuddled up on the couch and went back to sleep with it.
One of the hardest parts about visiting family is Samantha being a "Mommies Girl". They all want to see her and hug her, but she is not a happy girl when mommy hands her off. Well, here is a moment we tried to enjoy. She actually hung with Uncle Rich for about 20 minutes! She did play with Grandma Norman for a few minutes before we left Koosharem and also fell asleep while Grandma Rowley was holding her before we left Logan.
Jim's family did their Christmas party the day after Christmas. Boyd and Connie went down to SLC that morning and picked up Grandma Perry so she could spend a few days. It was fun having her there with us. And I can't leave out the yummy food! Homemade Taco Time crisp meat burritos! Sweet Pork! Thanks Ron!
The kids making music.

Opening presents from Grandma and Grandpa Rowley.
I love this little girl. She has blessed our lives so much.
Brindley, Karissa and Lexie all got to play with their friends in Hyrum for a few hours also. I think I miss their friends as much as they do. It was so good to be back home for a few days. We miss Utah so much, but we have truly been blessed this last year. We have such wonderful friends and family back home and we are making wonderful friends here in Carson City. We love you all and hope your Christmas was wonderful! Thanks for being a part of our lives. May God bless you in the New Year!


4 comments:
Cute post, and I LOVE the picture of Lexie and her music box. I was looking hard for the toothpicks in the gingerbread house, but couldn't see them. I think Rich is pretty proud that he is the only one to make her happy this time. So fun to see you, and I am glad that we got to spend Christmas with you and your family!
Sounds like you had a CRAZY CRAZY Christmas, but glad you got to see family. We will hope that you get back to Utah soon.
Wow what a house full, how fun! How long of a drive was it for you? Fun pictures, glad you guys had a great Christmas. Here's hoping you guys have a great new year too! :)
Merry Happy Christmas. It looked like you and your family had such fun. I love Thistle Hair too!
Post a Comment