Monday, November 2, 2009

Next Year!

I am very disappointed in myself this year. My favorite holiday has come and gone. I feel like the scrooge of halloween. I'm not the one that likes the dark side of halloween. I prefer the pumpkin carving, cookie making, handing out treats, dressing up in fun, not scary halloween costumes. This is the first year that I can remember not dressing up. I can rationalize why I didn't dress up, or why I didn't decorate, but honestly, I have no good excuse! I WILL REDEEM MYSELF NEXT YEAR!!!
So be ready! Here are a few shots of the kids at the ward trunk or treat.





Brindley and Karissa also had parties at school that they dressed up for. Then for trick or treat they all dressed up again all in different costumes that they put together themselves and we went trick or treating. With the houses packed so close together, we were able to hit several houses, get lots of candy and be back home within an hour to hand out candy at our door. The girls had more fun answering our door than going trick or treating.
I am already looking forward to next halloween. I got some pretty good ideas from some of the neighbors around here. Can't wait!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Your girls look so cute! Its funny, I can remember Brindley wearing almost all of those costumes. They are so cute, and looking so grown up. I'm glad you had a good Halloween!

Robinsons said...

Cute Costumes - Quincy liked handing out candy better than trick or treating too!

Sandra said...

Cute cute cute. Did Samantha keep the hair on? My kids love to hand out the candy too. I remember wanting to as a kid too, it made me feel big. Ohh I'm curious as to what your mind is thinking about for next year :)

Trina said...

Cute girls! We also had a pretty easy going Halloween this year... all of our costumes were pulled out of a bucket from previous years. Talden was a Vampire again... for the 3rd time, oh well. :) At least we carved pumpkins this year. Next year we will make cookies. :)