Monday, November 9, 2009

Yes, that was my child.


I think every year most Moms look forward to watching their children participate in the primary program. I remember the first few years being able to watch Brindley and Karissa do their parts and listening to them sing. I always ended up with tears in my eyes. They always sit so reverent and sing the best they can and try very hard to keep their part in their mind so they can give it by memory. Yes, I am one of those proud moms. And then Lexie became a Sunbeam!!!!! I was so excited to have all three participate. They all had their parts memorized. Lexie was the very first to give her part in the program. She did great! She said it just like we had practiced. Brindley and Karissa also gave their parts perfect. I was all smiles! No tears! Then came the time when I started shaking my head and remembering that my 4 year old has a mind of her own. I happend to look over at the bishop's wife who was motioning to her sunbeam to sit still. I glanced back up to the stand just intime to see this little girl point at Lexie and mouth, "It's her." Sure enough, my precious little girl was the one putting on the show this time. Yes, that was my child....shouting the words to the song so everyone knew she knew the words, that was my child bothering your child, that was my child pulling faces at me. As Jim said, "Her hands were everywhere but folded." After the program was over Lexie came to me and said, "Did you see me Mom? I was pulling faces at you!"

Yes, I am still a proud Mom! I love my girls and love how different each one is. This is what makes life an adventure!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

How cute, I am looking forward/dreading for next year for Leah's turn. Nate is hyper, but knows how to sit when told. It will be an experience. How cute that they all knew their parts. Nate gave half of his and then the president sat him down, and then Abby was next in line. She gave her part, and then from somewhere in the back Nate yells..."Good Job Abs!" It got quite the laugh.

Sandra said...

Fun! I'm excited, our program is this Sunday. We'll see how Luke does, I'm thinking he will be a lot like Lexie :)

MJ said...

Oh the life of a parent! Your girls are all beautiful. Wish it had happened here to get to share the experience with you! Hope you know how much we miss you!