It's killing me! I am so frustrated. I have been holding on to this ever since we found out that we had to move. I knew we had deer tags so for sure we would be going home. I should be leaving today. It's not happening. Seeing others post on their blogs or on FB saying they are deer widows or talking about the hunt is making a knot in my stomach. The picture of the big buck on my calendar is starring at me right now. Ahhhhhh! I can't take this. I need the mountains! I need some camping! I need yummy camping food! I need to wake up before dawn and put my cold shoes on, layer myself in jackets/sweatshirts topped with blaze orange, fill my pockets with mini candy bars, load my gun, put extra bullets in chest pocket, make sure I have a few matches and some toilet paper, makesure I have my tag, a sharp pocket knife, and a string to tie the tag on if I get "ONE", shiver a little with buck fever, then head off to the hill behind camp. UGGHHHH!
Back at It
7 years ago


6 comments:
Kristi, I wish I could say I know how you're feeling but I've never been hunting... or held a gun in my life. But I know how much this is a part of you and that it's missing, and I do know how that feels. Hang in there. This too shall pass.
P.S. I wish we all still lived next door to each other... a Girl's Night is in order!
Thanks Trina. I so need a girl's night with my friends. I was thinking the other day about hanging on Spring Lane. What I'd give to spend one day there again with you all. The hours we sat there and the friendships we made. Now look how far spread we all are. Alaska, Texas, Minnesota, Nevada, Utah (Bicknell, Millville, Nibley, Smithfield, Hyrum, Logan). We never thought when we were living that close to each other that we would all be this far apart. Love you all!
Do you still keep in touch with Char? Is she still in Alaska? I think about her all the time and wonder how she's doing. I miss those days.
Wow I didn't know you were into Hunting that much. Sorry to hear you couldn't go this weekend. I'm with Trina, I've never gone before. I have held a gun though :)
Wow! I went hunting but your great discription makes me want to go again. I share your passion for the mountains and I'm sorry you had to miss it this year. Hope for next year and I'm off to clean my muzzle loader and get ready for next year.
Post a Comment