Monday, April 6, 2009

Finding Joy in the Journey

The title of my post is the title of Pres. Monson's talk from General Conference last Oct. This was the talk that I used for my lesson in Relief Society a few weeks ago. I know I was given this lesson to teach for my own benefit. If you haven't read this talk, I would recommend it.
With the changes our family has faced the last several months, I was reminded to enjoy each moment of what I am doing now. Take advantage of where I am at and what I can experience here. Find joy in the present. With this being said, it is with very mixed and uncertain emotions that I tell you all, we finally have a destination as to where we will be spending the next few years or more. As many of you know, Jim has been training since the first of January to be a Regional Manager for a group of retail stores. The stores he will be over are in Nevada. We will be moving there (Carson City/Reno area) when the girls get out of school for the summer. We are nervous and excited at the same time. No, it's not where I would like to be, but I am looking forward to the new experience. I have been very sheltered my whole life. I have never lived outside of Utah, so this will be different. In the 13 years I have been in Cache Valley I have made alot of friends. I am going to miss you all so much. I have learned something from each of you and will treasure the time I have had with you. My emotions have gotten the best of me, so I will end this post, but will keep you updated on the move in the future. Until then, I am going to "Enjoy the Journey"!

12 comments:

Amber Bradley said...

Man, That makes me so sad! I am happy that you guys will be able to experience new things and be able to be together more! I will miss seeing Brindley's smile every week though! Let me know if you need any help I know you will have a lot to do while Jim is still working getting your house ready!

Chelsie Brown said...

:( I am happy for you guys. You are a great person and Nevada is going to be a better place with you and your family there. Cache Valley will miss you guys! I am glad I got to know you and your testimony has strengthened mine. Thank you!

Jessica said...

I am happy you finally know where you are going. We won't know what to do without you guys here. Please call so I can come help, or watch the girls!!!

StubbsFamily said...

Hey, I just have to tell you that I LOVED Reno when we went there in Dec. It has such a small town feel with amazing shopping! There were fields and animals all over. I hope you like it there.

Sandra said...

Wow.. I didn't expect that. We will miss you guys. I know I'll be jealous come winter when your in warmer weather. Good luck and keep us posted.

Stephanie said...

Hey, we are only an hour and a half from Reno. We can come and help you get moved in. Give us a call when you are headed our way! Terrell and Jenni are about 2 1/2 to 3 hours away depending on which way they go. So you are not alone!!! Let us know what we can do.

The Busey Family said...

Wasn't that the best talk. I loved it too! I hope all goes well with everything.

Trina said...

Kristi, I have to say I know somewhat of how you feel and it is definitely a mixed bag of emotions.

I love the gospel and I loved that talk from President Monson too. Moving away from the valley has allowed us to grow so much more than we thought possible. It has really been a blessing for our family. Sure we have times when we miss our friends and family, but it has brought our immediate family so much closer together. We truly are different people than when we left Logan.

I know we've all thought it and heard it before, but the great thing about the church is that it is everywhere you go. You will have instant friends and "family" there to greet you with open arms.

I am excited for your new adventure, now I just wish it wasn't in the opposite direction from us. We would love to see you guys when we come back to visit.

Good luck with the move. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.

We love you guys!

Jason and Chani said...

Hi Kristy. I just have to say how beautiful your new little girl is. Sorry my Blog is so boring. I am the worst at remembering to put things on my Blog. Plus I never have time. Any ways hope we see you guys some time soon. I would love to see your new baby girl!!3
Chani Krogue

Heidi said...

I'm so excited for you guys. I know how much you will miss your friends and family, but like Trina said, you grow so close as an immediate family, and you learn so much about yourself and what you truly want to be. You also really learn about missionary work once you get outside of Utah.

You guys will only be 3 1/2 hours from us, so we will have to come and visit you. Good luck with preparing for the move.

The Mann Clann said...

I haven't written to congratulate you, because I'm in denial. If you don't mind, I'm going to continue the denial until I read your posts on your blog about your new place. It won't be the same without you here, but our hearts will follow you wherever you go.

MJ said...

I sure hope the anxiety about the unknown is worse than when you ge there! We're really going to miss you guys! I have a family friend out there and I was talking to her in January and she really likes it! I love the drive from Reno to Sacramento. It's one of the most beautiful places on earth to me! You really are going to be missed soooo much!