Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring Break/Easter

After getting the news that we would be moving to Neveda, I decided that I and the girls were going to take a longer than normal "Spring Break" and go to Koosharem. We left on Saturday the 4th and headed on our way. We stopped in Salt Lake and picked up Aunt Suz on the way, then also made a stop in Lehi to buy the girls' Easter dresses at Kohl's. For normally a 4 hour drive it took us 6 hours. Thanks Suz for helping with the girls on the way down. We had a great week and I even got to see each of my siblings...it may have only been for five minutes, but I did get to see them. I went to Richfield to do some shopping and ran into Julianne. She took me to lunch then we went shopping at Albertson's together. I just have to say, shopping with my sisters is fun (when I leave my kids at home). I wish I could be closer to them so we could get together more often.
The girls also got to participate in the Easter egg hunt at Koosharem Elementary. Lexie is still determined that her and Ryder (cousin) won the game because they had the most candy. Thanks Koosharem PTA for letting us join in on the fun!
Now for the pictures
Lexie and Samantha were laying the same way so I went to take their picture. As I snapped the picture Lexie put her hands up to her ears and started itching them. She was itching them more than normal so I started checking her. Within an hour her whole body was covered with hives and she was itching like crazy. After waking Mom and Suzanne up we got some Benadryl in her and rubbed some anti-itch cream all over her. The hives cleared up and we aren't quite sure what she had a reaction to.
Brindley, McKinley and Samantha
We saw some of Cory's family for a minute as they were on their way to Lake Powell.
Grandma, Grandpa and Samantha
Dad had training in Reno while we were in Koosharem, so he left me to take care of Mom. Well, she took care of me instead. She helped with Samantha alot so I could have a little break.
While Dad was in Reno he drove over to Carson City one evening and took Jim to dinner. Jim was so glad to see someone he knew. Thanks Dad for doing that.

I forgot to take a bouncy seat with me or something to put Samantha in while we were fixing food, so I found a nice thick blanket and put her on the table. She loved staring at the light in the kitchen.
Grandpa and Samantha snoozing together!

Meet Daisy!
Brindley fell in love with Daisy and even called her dad to see if we could bring her home. Obviuosly not the best time for us to have another dog.
What do puppies do best?
Chew on things!


Smile!!!
Lill and JR
The dogs that live with Suzanne.
We left Koosharem on Friday the 10th. We drove straight through without even stopping for a potty break and made it home in 4 hours. The next day the girls went with me to grocery shop then I let them color Easter eggs. What a collage of eggs we ended up once Lexie figured out what to do.
Easter dresses. The outfit Samantha has on was given to me from Aunt Sharon when Brindley was born, so yes, this is the 4th girl to wear it. It is one of my favorite.
Jim got home late Saturday night and was flying out early Monday morning so I suggested we get a motel in Salt Lake so we could spend some time with him. Jim took the kids swimming. Aunt Suz even came to the motel and swam with them also. They had so much fun and enjoyed playing with their dad for awhile.


6 comments:

Carolee said...

Very pretty dresses. My girls were hoping for some this year. Didn't get them though. We still haven't even colored eggs yet.

Sandra said...

How fun, I love the picture of the doggy smiling :)

Trina said...

I am so glad you got to go see your family. It sounds like you had a good time. I love the dresses. This is the first year I didn't get new ones for my girls... we didn't color eggs either. Your girls are blessed to have such a fun mom. :)

Jessica said...

How cute, I am happy that you got to spend some time with Jim. What a cute puppy too, I love their dresses!

kate said...

Nevada?

Your family is so cute!

The Busey Family said...

I love all the family pictures. I love your mom and dad. They are so great! Tell them hello for me!