Monday, January 7, 2008

SLAY RIDE THROUGH THE ELK









This last weekend we went up to Hardware Ranch with our friends, the Morrison's. We all rode the sled through over 500 head of elk. It was cool being that close to the elk. They told us that the elk were used to the sled, but if one person stepped off the sled onto ground the whole herd would get up and leave the grazing grounds. We were warned not to lose anything over the edge for this reason. We wouldn't be able to get off the sled to get it. We enjoyed the afternoon with the Morrison's. We even made Holly trudge through 2 feet of snow to take our family picture. Thanks Holly!

3 comments:

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

We are so jealous of the snow and we certainly don't have elk here. However, you can keep those cold noses! It was 70 degrees in Mississippi today! Your family is adorable, worth the trek through 2 feet of snow. Thanks for sharing!

Scott and Amme said...

Fun times! The elk look awesome. I won't show this post to Scott he would be jealous. But, you do look freezing--not something I am fond of. It was all I could do to not turn on the AC last night! Just enjoy by proxy for us.

Heidi said...

How awesome. We loved going up there and seeing the elk. You have such a cute family, and I'm so excited to see what you have been up to.