Saturday, January 14, 2012

Change is OK and even GOOD...

Ok, I just have to share this post. I have been thinking about it all week. We have been back in Cache Valley for two weeks tonight. Every day I notice something that was different in Carson than here in Logan...and it is usually something that we missed but learned to be ok with out it....For instance...we went to Carl's Jr tonight for dinner and were able to get FRY SAUCE with our meal. Jim and I heard a customer in front of us ask for fry sauce and we both turned and looked at each other and just laughed. I remember when we asked for it in Carson City, people had no clue what it was. We learned to not ask for it.
Another thing that I noticed today was that I thought I saw a guy smoking then just realized that the air was just cold and it was his breath. I still haven't seen someone "just smoking"! I got so used to seeing ALOT of people smoking in Carson City.
There are alot more MINI VANS in Cache Valley too.
People actually put JEANS on to go to the grocery store here!
Lot's of things like that....

Something else that I have struggled with since being back.....
The first day we were back it really hit me how much our little family has grown spiritually. We have HAD to grow and be strong. We were constantly learning new things whether it was about ourselves or others. We were constantly being pushed to trust in our Heavenly Father and to RELY on Faith. And seeing how things became easier for us as we were away from where we wanted to be, showed us to trust in our Heavenly Father. Does any of that make sense? Anyway, that first day back I got really scared. I was at a point in my life that I was really having to trust my Heavenly Father and just let things be how they were. I was so scared that we would be stepping BACK into the life we had 3 years ago and go back to the people we were then. I did/do not want that. I want to keep pushing forward and continue in that growth that I was experiencing.
Being a Member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and living in Utah, I have taken alot of things for GRANTED. Having the opportunity to live outside of Utah and to meet members outside of Utah has really opened my eyes. I have heard some amazing conversion stories. I have seen non-members search the gospel, be baptized and then see how their countinance changes. They physically change. I have seen that glow come into them. What a strength it has been to me and such an over powering testimony builder it has been. I know this stuff can happen in Utah too. I just have never put myself in the position to see it happen. I hope I can keep pushing forward and continue to learn and grow in the Gospel.

There are other things that I have thought about alot that I learned or recognized while being in Carson City. I am still contemplating those things and am trying to find the best way to word them.....so until then...
Never stop learning about yourself, Never stop growing, and Have Faith in Heavenly Father and His Plan.

1 comments:

Sandra said...

Amen :) I'm glad your back. I'm actually envious sometimes of Kevin's family living in Missouri. The church members there are really knit together and they rely on each other. More of a family if you know what I mean.