Sometimes the most fun time to go camping is the spur of the moment. That's when most of our camping happens, and Labor Day was no exception. And yes, we even found an open camp site. Since we moved to Nevada we haven't done as much camping as we normally do. We will definately be making up for that.
And so you know, no bears got us. The girls were good to not leave any food on the ground. They thought it was cool that there was a "bear box" for us to put stuff in.
I did feel bad that Jim didn't get to sleep with us. Samantha woke up screaming about 11:30 and we couldn't get her calmed down. Jim buckled her in the truck and drove home for the night (the campground was only 15 minutes from home). Samantha slept great when she got home. They made it back early the next morning. Brindley, Karissa and Lexie didn't know Jim had left and were surprised that MOM could protect them.
Best part of camping.....Roasting HOTDOGS and Making SMORES!!


8 comments:
You are one tough woman to protect you all from the bears! ;) Sounds fun. I wish we could go camping more.
Your next trip destination: RUPERT IDAHO!!!!!
PLEASE!!!!!
And make it soon!!!
Where is Rupert? Why would we want to go there? The only person I can think of that lives in Idaho lives in Jackson.
How fun...well except for Samantha waking up screaming :) My favorite thing about camping is breakfast. There is nothing like bacon and eggs cooking outdoors...ya know what I mean?
I love the girls faces in the first picture, priceless! I'm glad you were able to protect them all for the night, and now, I want a smore!
Sounds fun! I sooo wish we could get a camping trailer soon, so we could just go camping when ever too!!! Way to protect those girls Kristi!!!
Yes!!! I do live in Jackson!!!!!
Come visit Jackson! It's HUGE!!!
Post a Comment