Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to You!!!

It's crazy to think I have an 8 year old. Brindley was so excited for her birthday this year. Yes, she is getting baptized. Her baptism will be on March 29th. She has already picked out a dress to wear and has practiced with her dad several times.
For the girls' birthdays I usually try to fix them something fun for breakfast. Brindley chose to have hashbrowns and bacon. Quite easy.....Brindley doesn't like cereal, so I usually am making her pancakes or waffles or hashbrowns anyway.

This poor cake. If you notice it has a tiara on it. Well, that tiara started out on top. It was a little to big for the top, so I tied the back part of it together with a rubberband to make it smaller. It worked great and I even had flowers on the top until the rubberband broke. The tiara flipped up out of the cake and tore it apart. So we ended up with extra frosting on top and the tiara in the middle of the cake. O-well, Brindley made me feel good...When she got home from school and saw her cake she came running into my room telling me how much she loved her cake. I was very relieved.


3 comments:

hOLLIANN said...

Great job on the birthday cake. My birthday is... :)

Scott and Amme said...

Kristi,
The cake looks fabulous! I like the tiara idea. Brindley is so grown up. I can hardly believe it.

Anonymous said...

Kristy,
I got your address from Amme's blog I hope it's o.k. I love the pictures such a cute family
Marie