In one of the visits from my dad while we were in Carson City, he said to me, "She's a comfort to you isn't she." He was referring to Samantha. I don't know how long he had been observing us, but he hit something that rang so true to me.
I remember being pregnant with Sam and driving to Salt Lake during the time my mom was having her heart surgery. I remember feeling alone as I drove. Jim was home with the other girls. I don't really have a close relationship with my siblings so even knowing they were there didn't help with the loneliness. I remember feeling this baby moving in me all the time and it hit me that I wasn't alone and that she was sent to me at this time to help me get through that moment and many moments to come.
She has spent many nights sleeping in my bed just for my sake. Not wanting to feel the loneliness while Jim was gone with work, my mind focused on her unknowingly. When I am not myself I look for her to help me. I'm glad she allows me to hug her as often as I do because I need it.
In no way is this to take from what I feel for my other girls....because yes, they are a comfort too. I am thankful everyday for the friendships I have with each of my girls.


3 comments:
She is such an amazing girl, just like all your girls! How great to have such a neat relationship.
That is really sweet! Heavenly Father always knows what we need when we need it!
Post a Comment